In the present fast growing era, technology is an integral part of everyone’s life. Technology is being implemented in every sector like business, education, media and entertainment, etc. Technology is making everyday routine easier as it is easily accessible anytime and anywhere. Technology is being applied in every sector enormously.
Technology in the education sector is growing rapidly. Schools and colleges are investing to create an advanced teaching and learning system. Higher education sectors are implementing new concepts of teaching to meet the needs of millennial students. Many engineering colleges in Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, etc are implementing the advanced technology teaching to explain several new concepts.
Check Also: Verbal Ability Test Factors You Need to Know
Present Scenario of Higher Education in India
The higher educational system in India is growing at a rapid rate. It has a greater hand in developing a society with knowledge and responsibilities. In India higher education can be divided into five categories i.e., Central, State, Deemed Universities, Institutions of national importance and private universities. The education system in India has expanded by an increase in the number of Universities 34 times from 1950 to 2014.
This sector is bound with several issues in a matter of infrastructure. The number of Universities and the student enrollments are more that the few Institutions are unable to provide few facilities. The lack of development in Content, Information and Communication infrastructure, Scope of the library, Social media engagement for learning and teaching methods, etc.
The educational technology is evolving from computer based to the most advanced educators. It is a systematic application of knowledge of all sectors which is based on communication, media and information systems where the interaction with students and the practical implementation is the core. The use of education technology in colleges has resulted in better understanding of concepts.
For e.g. Few business schools in India are adopting new techniques. MTech course department at NIIT University has come up with the new advanced programme for students such as,
- The learning competency is reaching up to professional competency.
- Creating an interaction session with well-known organizations.
- Creating an appropriate and comfortable learning context/environment.
- Using the internet as a communication platform in creating various learning themes.
- Using Digital media as a platform in creating value for students through live learning.
- Teaching effective processes practically to provide knowledge in implementation.
- Providing exposure to students by involving industries in the curriculum.
Latest Technology Trend in Education
Latest technology trends in education are breaking the stereotype classroom environment to a more interacting session and exploring interesting ways to gain knowledge. Few latest technology trends in education is as follows,
- Personalized Learning with comfortable context.
- E-Learning websites allowing the interaction with the tutors in a better way.
- Online learning ( Mobile and video based )
- Open educational resources.
- E-Learning websites.
- Use of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
Virtual Reality in the Education Sector
The present generation is adapting to the evolving technology trends. It is helping students to get engaged in the learning process. This concept can cater to the millennial group perfectly. This concept helps in holding the attention of students as he/she travels through a three-dimensional space.
- Virtual reality allows students to experience.
- It is transforming the book knowledge into reality and thus helps in increasing the efficiency of learning process.
- It creates the non-existing environments ( Experiential Learning )
E-Learning websites are the specialized way of learning using electronic devices.
- It is accommodating everyone’s needs.
- Lecturing sessions can be taken n number of times.
- Quick updates of the content.
- Quick Delivery of lessons to students.
- Efficient and scalable.
- Easily accessible and time-saving.